- Tem que estudar FRASES (SENTENCES) com PALAVRAS CHAVES (KEY WORDS)!
- PRESENT TENSE KEY WORDS: “every day,” “often,” “usually,” “sometimes” e outros adverbios de frequencia (frequency adverbs)
- PAST TENSE KEY WORDS: “yesterday,” “last year,” “last week,” “last night,” e outras palavras que indicam o passado
- PERFECT TENSE KEY WORDS: Quando está falando sobre algo que: 1. Começou no passado mas continua no presente “since” e “for,” 2. Aconteceu no passado mas não fala quando, OU 3. Repetiu no passado “several times.” “Already” com o PAST PERFECT – quando está falando sobre um evento no passado que aconteceu antes de outro evento no passado.
buy – bought – bought
- I usually BUY my lunch at work. (PRESENT)
- I BOUGHT a new purse last weekend. (PAST)
- I HAVE BOUGHT my own clothes since I was 15 years old. (PRESENT PERFECT)
see – saw – seen
- I sometimes SEE monkeys in my backyard. (PRESENT)
- I SAW a really great movie last night. (PAST)
- I HAVE SEEN my family several times this month. (PRESENT PERFECT)
So tell me…
How did you learn/How are you learning the irregular verbs in English? What method?
What do you think about learning these verbs in sentences and with key words? Do you think this will be helpful?
Tell me about your experiences, what works, what doesn’t work, and any other tips in the comments below!