Have you EVER used the word “ever” in English?
We use the word “ever” in 3 different situations in English. Watch this video to learn all about this common word.
Use #1 Not + ever = never
- I don’t ever watch T.V. (Eu nunca assisto T.V.)
- Margie won’t ever get married. (A Margie nunca vai casar.)
- Don’t ever say that again! (Nunca fale isso de novo!)
Use #2 Ever = at any time (Normally used in questions)
- Do you ever think about living abroad? (Você já pensou em morar fora?)
- Would you ever go on a blind date? (Você iria num encontro às cegas?)
- Have you ever ridden a camel? (Você já andou de camelo?)
Use # 3 Ever (used with the superlative form) = of all; in the world
- Today was the worst day ever! (Hoje foi o pior dia de todos!)
- You are the best wife ever. (Você é a melhor mulher do mundo.)
- This movie is the best movie ever. (Este filme é o melhor filme de todos.)
So tell me…
Have you ever used the word “ever” before? If so, what did you say?
Is there anything that you won’t ever do? What is it?
Let me know in the comments below! 🙂